Wednesday 30 May 2012

...Epaulettes...

I came across these awesome fashion pieces when I was watching some Korean drama. I've always found that Koreans have pretty amazing nick-knacks like these. These shoulder accessories makes a plain dress or jacket or even blazer look exceptionally unique.

Sadly, I was not able to find them in any retail outlet in Singapore nor was it easily available online. There was one or two online retail which i chanced upon. However, they were selling each piece for a good 80-90USD!! Like WTH?

Therefore, I have decided to make them myself.

I must admit that to get supplies in Singapore is really like finding a needle in a haystack... Not forgetting to mention, expensive too -_______-"

Nevertheless, the pieces below are some of the prototypes I have so far...

[...should any of you be interested to purchase them or enquire further, please email me at obsidian.katlee@gmail.com :)]

Gold Floral Sequins w Gold Chains
Made of gold chains and gold sequins
This is a pic of me wearing it on my left shoulder. Can be pinned to either shoulder to compliment any plain outfit :)




 Silver string of beads (one pair)

 I was watching a Korean drama called "My Fair Lady" and saw those Michael Jackson-like strings of beads which the actress attached to her top. Hers was like a clip on (too bad i couldn't find those clip-thingys in singapore to replicate, so mine i works like a brooch).

I made a pair of it. Lucky i was able to find the string of beads at Spotlight.












Closeup.











Attached it to my white blazer for extra oomph for an event :) 



Lace-beaded floral design w disco gold string beads

This is by far my favorite piece!! I ABSOLUTELY <3 the disco beads....!!

I need to find some more material to make the same one... :( But have yet to find the same/similar materials....




I have plenty of awesome inspires which I've yet to 'embark' on the projects :p....Will upload some more when there's new ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment